Camp Summit, July 2-27, 2018, Monday through Friday 8:30 am-3 pm
- Camp Summit is a nurturing program with a track record of success. Students are grouped into small classes based on skill level in order to accommodate learning styles. Highly trained teachers use research-based methods and multi sensory strategies. Children make friends quickly, build self-confidence, and maintain academic skills while having fun! Morning academics follow a structured curriculum that includes one hour each day of: READING: small group instruction using a systematic, multi sensory approach for skill development. MATH: small groups, standards-based multi-sensory instruction. ORAL/WRITTEN EXPRESSION: Fun oral and written language activities and structured approaches to sentence formulation, story writing, and expository writing using computer technology. Afternoon Fun! Supportive teachers and college counselors lead campers in sports, games, music, cooking, performances, arts, STEM activities, and field trips.
- Grades: Rising 1-8
Math Boost Camp, August 6-10, 2018
- NEW CAMP! Targeted for the student who just needs a refresher of common core math topics, this class will cover common core curriculum in a fun, multi-sensory environment so that your child is ready for returning to school! This camp, taught by Summit’s own experienced faculty, will refresh skills and concepts to build student confidence as they prepare for a great academic year.
- Grades 1-2, 9 am-11 am
- Grades 3-4, 11 am-1 pm
- Grades 5-6, 1 pm-3 pm
Executive Function Camp
- EXECUTIVE FUNCTION SKILLS help us plan, organize, strategize, manage time, pay attention to and remember details. In school, these skills help students plan for future assignments, sustain attention to tasks, and stay organized. For some students, these tasks are like climbing a mountain: you don’t know where or how to start! This course will tackle organization, time management, and study skills.
- Grades 5,6,7: August 13-17, 9 am-12 pm
- Grades 8,9,10: August 6-10, 9 am-12 pm
- The EmPOWER™ writing process is based on solid research and developed to help students connect oral language, organization of thoughts and writing. EmPOWER™ strategies enable students to develop the internal dialogue that guides the writing process and supports thinking for effective writing.
- Rising 5,6,7: Aug 13-17, 1 pm-4 pm
- Rising 8,9,10: Aug 6-10, 1 pm-4 pm
Register for any of these camps by clicking on, REGISTER NOW.
Visit the Summit Resource Center, Summer Camp webpage for more detailed information including tuition.
For additional information about Summer at Summit please contact Nancy Rhodes at or 410-798-0005 x147.