The Summit School campus is fully operational. Students are on campus, the Admissions Office is accepting applications and the Summit Resource Center is seeing clients. When on campus all persons are required to follow directives designed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 including active social distancing, use of face masks, and regular hand washing and sanitizing.
Serving bright students with dyslexia
and other learning differences.
Your gift to The Summit School, a 501(C)(3) organization, truly makes a difference in students’ lives. Private gifts help strengthen our educational programs for bright students with dyslexia and other learning differences, and also enable us to offer one-third of families financial assistance on a need basis. Learn more about how to support the mission of The Summit School here.
click to donate
Annual Fund along with our tuition covers our operating costs to assure that Summit continues to offer its first-class education for a unique learner.
For the child who struggles with reading and writing, a Summit education can make the difference between a lifetime of failure or one of success. Yet many families…
Our lesson plans do not come from a teacher’s guide; they come from our teachers who translate diagnostic information into individualized instructional activities. Because…
The endowment fund is the school’s investment fund, its safety net for the future. It is a permanent fund that invests the principle and allows only a…
Literacy Counts provides highly-trained Summit tutors to the Boys and Girls Clubs in Annapolis and to the Stanton Community Center. The tutors teach…
Sponsorships are an important source of support for Summit’s community. By sponsoring special events and our athletic teams, supporters have truly helped…
Philanthropic contributions from individuals, corporations, and foundations may be tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Summit’s Federal Tax ID Number is 52-1583669.
For more information about how you can support Summit, please contact Joan Mele-McCarthy, Executive Director, at 410-798-0005 ext. 114 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Stocks and Securities
Appreciated securities are an excellent asset in making a charitable gift to Summit. Your stockbroker can have your gift transferred to Summit’s account. It is important to notify the Development Office as to the name of the stock, the number of shares being donated, the date of the gift and its purpose. Once the transfer has been made, you will receive a receipt from Summit indicating the amount of the tax-deduction you can claim. All donors should confer with their tax advisors before making a gift to inquire as to tax deductibility and treatment. To execute a stock transfer, click here for Gifts of Stock to Summit.
When you consider including a bequest to The Summit School in your will, you help sustain the future of our school; ensuring that we will be able to educate children with dyslexia and other learning differences for generations to come. Your Planned Gift enables you to become a charter member of The Legacy Society. The Society recognizes those individuals who have included Summit in their estate plans.
Donors who work for companies that have matching gift programs may be able to double or even triple their contributions to The Summit School. If your employer has a matching gift program, you must include your company’s matching gift form along with your contribution. The development office will complete the form and return it to your employer. If you are not certain whether your employer will match your gift to Summit, please contact your human resources office.
Combined Federal Campaign
Summit can be designated for the Combined Federal Campaign. Summit’s catalog number for both the Chesapeake Bay Area and the National Capital Area Campaign’s is 46169. The school is listed under Human Development Corporation t/a The Summit School.
- MAKE A DONATION ONLINE NOW
- CHECK: Made payable to The Summit School. Please mail checks to: The Summit School, Advancement Office, 664 E. Central Avenue, Edgewater, MD 21037
- CREDIT CARD BY PHONE: Call Summit’s Advancement Office at 410-798-0005
- STOCKS AND SECURITIES: Appreciated securities are an excellent asset in making a charitable gift to Summit. Your stockbroker can have your gift transferred to Summit’s account. learn more
- PLANNED GIFTS: Bequests, charitable gift annuities, trusts, real property, and life insurance. learn more
- MATCHING GIFTS: Many employers will match any charitable contribution made by their employees, sometimes, their retirees. These programs can double or triple the size of your gift. learn more
- COMBINED FEDERAL CAMPAIGN: Federal employees can choose to donate to Summit through the Combined Federal Campaign. learn more
- GIVING TREE: Gifts can be made in memory of a loved one, classmate or teacher, or in honor of faculty, students or alumni. Giving Tree contributions are also made to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and other special events.